Friday, June 17, 2011

Playing Catch Up

First off, Eli loves his spoons and all the different flavors of food that he gets to try.  The best way for me to get him to open his mouth is to let him hold onto my hand while I feed him.  He likes to do it all by himself too.



Eli is now 7 months old!  He is 17 pounds and 25 1/2 inches tall!  He's stating to "rock" on his hands and knees- time to baby proof the house!  His first two teeth are beginning to peak through so he wants to chew on everything.



Our friends Nate and Maddy came home to visit from Pennsylvania to bless their baby Cooper.  He is so adorable, I can't believe I did not get one picture of him!  Good thing they will be down for the month and we'll get to see them a few more times.


Eli playing with Paisley


And trying on her sunglasses



Jon and I just celebrated our 3 Year Anniversary!  Jon surprised me with a Spa massage.  Next, he took me shopping and out to dinner and then to Sees to pick out our own box of chocolates!  Aunt Kasey and Uncle Preston babysat while we enjoyed a few hours to ourselves for the very first time since he came home from the Hospital.




A few days later we drove down to Springville ( a.k.a. Hickville ) to watch their Due West Concert and Fireworks show.  I brought ear plugs for the baby just in case.  He looked sooo funny!  Before the concert they had games and prizes.  One of the games was like Wheel of Fortune.  They would announce an object and if you had that and made it to the stage first you got to participate.  They first called out a Utah Quarter, no one had one.  I looked in my wallet and found a California quarter and told Kasey that it would be neat if she had asked for that, then they did.  I hesitated for a second and Preston told me to run up.  Once I got up there I got to spin the wheel and I won a $10 Gift Card to Walmart... not too bad! 







We had so much fun and Eli LOVED the fireworks and the noise di not bother him one bit!

No comments: