Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Eli Jonathan Carreon

I am super late on getting our announcement up on our sweet new baby Eli! Eli was born November 3rd at 1:13 pm. He weighed 3 pounds 11 ounces and was 16 inches long. We were told that as soon as he was born he would be rushed out of the room to and operating room to check him out since he most likely will not be breathing and could possibly have other pre mature problems. Well... Eli came out crying! It was music to my ears! I was so happy that he was able to breath on his own. He was still rushed to the other room and Jon followed. A few moments later Jon came out holding Eli and brought him to my bedside. He was perfect! So peaceful and not a thing wrong. The delivery was so quick being only 10 minutes and I did not feel a thing! By the second push Jon could see his head crowning and then after a few more he was here! Jon stayed with him the whole time and i had my Mom and sisters in my resting room waiting for me.

I then went to my resting room for and hour. after that I went to see Eli in the NICU. I was so exhausted that I could not stay too long. I was beginning to feel light headed and hungry. Once in my new room, I took a few pain killers and took a nap. whn I woke up I went to the bathroom and started to feel light headed again. Then I felt really hot. I called for Jon to come in because I felt like I was going to be sick and I wanted him to help me get back to bed. As soon as I stood up I completely blacked out. All the color flushed from my face and I was having shivers and a cold sweat. I told Jon to get my Mom and she came in and saw me and ran to get a nurse. I could not stand or get myself to wake up. A few nurses came in and opened a packet of very strong stuff... I can not think of the name of it at this moment... to try to wake me up. After the third time i woke up enough for Jon and the nurses to get me back into bed. While I was laying down I felt much better. I was told that it was common for that to happen after delivery and from loosing so much blood.

The next day I woke up and went to see Eli again and this time I was able to hold him. We took a nice long nap together. I was only able to hold him for 30 minutes twice a day. The amount of time has increased as he has become more and more stable and has grown.

Since he decided to come 2 months early he has to stay at the hospital in the NICU until he can eat on his own, maintain his own body temperature, breath on his own and not have any other premature problems. Tomorrow Eli will be 1 month old and is doing great. He is already taking a bottle of breast milk twice a day. The amounts of feedings will increase for him to take bottles instead of having the milk go through a tube to his tummy, when he is strong enough to stay awake through the bottle feedings and continues to drink the whole bottle. Before coming home, all that Eli has left to accomplish is the feeding. He is doing so well that we are told he might be home before Christmas!

here are some pictures that are from the day he was born and the day after! There are a lot more to come.






4 comments:

Shauna said...

He is so precious! Congrats! I'm so glad to hear he is doing okay. I was actually thinking about you the other day and hoping all was well.
Congrats again and I hope he gets to come home soon!

Stout House said...

WHAT A CUTIE!!! Keri great work hanging in there, wow- what a traumatic but FUN time that is! congrats- he's a cutie!!

Melanie Hensley said...

Congrats. So happy that he is doing well. Glad that you are too. He is so cute.

chantel said...

Oh he is perfect! Congrats.