So much has been going on that I missed taking the 29 week picture. But here I am at 30 weeks.
And the Babies name is . . .
Eli Jonathan Carreon
If you have not heard yet I went into the hospital at 3 am Wednesday, October 2oth I had a little pink blood so the Dr. on call said that I should at least go in and get checked out to be on the safe side. When I arrived they said that I was having contractions so they gave me all three, which is the max, of the Terbutaline shots and I was still having contractions. Next they gave me 2 Nifedipine pills, which is a soft organ relaxer, and the contractions still came. By this time I was dilated to a 2 and 70 % efface. When my Doctor arrived he said that he wanted to transfer me to the Utah Valley Hospital since the specialize in Premature babies and deliveries. I was put on an ambulance and transfered over. Upon arriving I was hooked up to an IV for Magnesium, Sodium Chloride and Penicillin. The Magnesium was terrible. I felt like my blood was boiling inside me and I could not walk or move by myself. I was extremely shaky and drowsy plus it makes you swell. Thank goodness Jon was there to listen to what the Doctors had to say because I was really not there. I was on it for 2 1/2 days, which is the longest you can be on it. I have been back on the Nifedipine pill everyday ever since. I have to take it every four hours to help keep the contractions calm. My uterus is extremely agitated constantly and as the days go by the contractions are getting harder and more painful. The only thing they can give me to help with the contractions is a Morphine shot.. which I took once in the middle of the night because my stomach and back were killing me! Oh Boy, did that shot hurt! I also had two steroid shots to help the babies lungs develop since he will be coming early. The Doctors are expecting the baby to come any day now and for sure with in a weeks amount of time. But every day counts! For everyday we can keep him inside me saves 2 days in the NICU.
My Mom, Nicole and Jessica drove up last Sunday. Nicole and Jessica were able to stay until Thursday. Since my sister Kasey lives here she has been such a big support in staying with me everyday since last Wednesday. We had so much fun making baby blankets and bracelets for the babies in the NICU and nursery. We also made jewelry for ourselves; necklaces and earrings. My Dad flew in on Friday so my Mom an Dad will be going back to California Sunday.
There is a Mothers Support Group here at the hospital and my Doctor gave me the OK to go to a scrap booking class on Thursday! It was the highlight of my week! They have not let me leave my room since, not even to go to the cafeteria.
I have had a lot of support with friends coming to visit and bringing flowers and gifts and friends and family that do not live close sending sweet messages and calling to check in on me. You are all so sweet, Thank you so much for all your love and prayers!
Here's what I get to look at everyday
12 comments:
Oh girl! Im glad you are doing better! Please rest and take care of yourself! Much love!
Kari! I had no idea! I was wondering what the update was ever since your shower was canceled. I had no idea you were living at the hospital! Which hospital are you at? I hope all goes well for both you and Eli. Can' wait to see pics of the tiny one when he arrives.
I am glad to hear you are doing better...but keep little Eli in there a little longer!!
so sorry to here that you are in the hospital. i had preterm labor with both of my boys and bedrest, shots, med, etc. it is so hard to stay put, i know what you are going through. and although i did not delivery prematurely if you need to talk to anyone i am here. we'll be thinking of you and your little family!
Kari - I STINK as a friend! I hope you are doing well in the hospital and please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and Eli.
Oh Kari! You are such a great trooper! We're praying for you and baby Eli (LOVE that name, by the way) keep your blogging family updated, and let me know if I can help in any way.. I'd be happy to run down and deliver some Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream to you! :)
We will pray for you and Eli that all goes well. Good luck!
Kari! I'm so sorry you're stuck in the hospital, but I'm glad you're doing well. Exciting that Eli is coming so soon, but hopefully won't come for a few more days! ;-) I'm just up the road so please please please let me know if you need anything! We're praying for you all!
Oh kari! Hang in there. Im sorry things aren't going as planned and that you have to spend all that time in the hospital :( best of luck! You and baby are in our prayers.
I can't relate to much of what you are going through, but I know it must not be easy. (hat morphine shot is nuts though, isn't it?!)I hope Eli stays in as long as he can!
I keep checking for updates! I am so glad that little Eli is staying in a little longer. Although I KNOW how boring bed rest is!! It looks like you are finding ways to pass the time I wish I was closer so I could come sit with you! Hang in there and think just a few more weeks!!
wow so sorry to here your in the hospital. you will be in my prayers for sure.
Post a Comment