Thursday, June 3, 2010

Surprise ... We're having a Baby!

Jon and I found out that we were pregnant May 8th. I went in for my first doctors appointment and had our first ultra-sound May 25th. but had to wait until Memorial weekend to make the trip down to California to tell the Grandparents. It was so hard for me to wait that long but it was worth being there in person to tell them the news. We decided to get picture frames the said

"and when you though your heart couldn't get any fuller, along comes a grandchild"

We first told my parents on Friday. My Mom was so excited and I think my Dad was a little shocked... but I later found out that he was very shocked but he was really happy for us and the rest of our trip there it was none stop baby talk from him!




Saturday morning, we went over to Pop's an Barbara's house for breakfast to tell them the news! We decided to tell them before we ate, just in case I was not feeling well and would not be able to eat... however, the food was so good !

Later on Saturday, we drove up to Pasadena for Dawn's birthday and to give her her birthday "gift". She was so funny! She turned the picture upside down, side-ways and then... she got it! Everyone was so happy for us! I could not get a picture of Jon's Dad at this moment because I don't think he would have appreciated it, especially with the tears of joy in his eyes!



8 comments:

Courtney said...

AHHH! That is super exciting! congrats! Can't wait to see pics of you with a belly. You are going to make the cutest mommy!!! Also I am dying to see pics of your couch you are recovering. Be sure to post the finished project!

Confessions of a Food Obsessed Girl said...

yay!! congrats that is sooo awsome! you guys will be great parents :)

Shauna said...

How exciting!!! Congrats!! You're going to have one beautiful baby!

Sharon and John said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you two. You are going to love being parents.

erika herman said...

Congratulations!! How have you been feeling? It is so exciting to see poeple you grew up with having babies and such!

Melanie Hensley said...

Congrats! Miss you!

Stout House said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WHAT FUN TIMES!!!!

Andrews Family said...

YAY!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!